Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sheer Joy

Nothing expresses sheer joy like a dog fully extended out a car window. Like Abby was today. She was reaching and reaching and sniffing and sniffing. Pushing the limits of stability and safety and thoroughly enJOYing every moment. I need to be more like Abby. Instead, I'm sad tonight, that Abby is sick. I wish she wasn't sick. But, of course, I still wouldn't know how much time we had left - we never know. I'm glad that I'm aware that I don't know. Even through my sad moments tonight, I'm remembering how happy we were all day today - laying in the field at the barn, bringing in the horses, sniffing the air, just hanging out. Sam and Abby and I had a great day today. I'm reminded of Reiki's Five Harmonious Principles:

* Just for today, do not worry.
* Just for today, do not anger.
* Honor your parents, teachers, and elders.
* Earn your living honestly.
* Show gratitude to every living thing.

Yes, Abby is sick, and yes, we're going to keep "living like Abby"...

No comments:

Post a Comment