Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Living Like Abby...

...isn't easy. To be that joyful, exuberant, uninhibited, and present - all the time - is a worthy goal, I guess. She's pretty much "all in" no matter what she's doing - greeting me at the door, eating, getting scolded, shredding toilet paper tubes, sleeping, humping Jinxie (one of the cats), barking, dreaming - she is "all in". I am fighting the impulse to tell her to "take it easy", "relax", "be careful" - what the hell. We're going to do the best we can for her and then let Abby be Abby. She's very good at being Abby...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Abby - this is Emma - remember me? I have been at the barn so you might have smelled some email (piddle spots) from me. My person Fran said to tell Jen that she may not say anything to her in person because Fran gets worried and weepy. So we will follow the blog, and it does sound as though Living Like Abby is not a bad thing. Your friend, Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Fran and Emma! Abby definitely remembers Emma and actually was at the barn yesterday checking her "e-mail". Actually, Abby has her own person-style e-mail address - it's dabba-do@hotmail.com and she also has a Facebook page. She doesn't check them that often though - hard to type with big fluffy paws and no opposable thumbs...

    ReplyDelete