Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Busy Day for Abby

Well, Abby liked her lomustine treatment - because the pills were hidden inside Pill Pockets (soft treats with pockets in them). Of course, she loves nearly any food, she would eat a rock if it was inside a Pill Pocket. Then we went to have our sutures removed - Dr. Clemens was very happy with how her incisions have healed - thanks to some aloe applications and the T-shirt and scarf concoction, I think.



After the second vet visit, we went to the barn to see Emmy, and Abby promptly found a sewage like puddle and LAID DOWN in it and STARTED DRINKING IT. Yes, she was wearing her T-shirt at the time. As I ran towards her yelling, "Don't drink that, Abby!!", she kept lapping up the disgusting "water" until I reached her when she emerged from the puddle, completely inky black from her toes to her stomach. Since she is sans collar, I had to grab her by her dirty, stinky T-shirt and haul her into the barn to the wash rack where she reluctantly allowed me to hose her down. Yuck. She ran around the rest of the afternoon "naked" and had a fantastic time going on a walk around the field with me while I rode Emmy and visiting all her friends at the barn.



Sam was also with us all day and thoroughly enjoyed the barn and really hated the two vet visits. In the waiting room of the Referral Clinic, he actually tried to climb into my lap. He put his front paws up and then I lifted all 53 lbs. of him onto my lap. Sam does not like vet's offices very much.



Time for bed. Sam and Abby are already sleeping. Lesson for the day - play hard and then sleep hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment