Monday, October 5, 2009

Naughty Old Dogs

There's nothing better than having to discipline your old dogs because they're being bad. "Abby, get out of there!!", "Sampson, leave it!!", "Abby stop humping Jinxie!!", "Sampson, that's not your food!!" Nothing better...

On Saturday, at the clambake, Mike came in and said, "Sam is not to be outside unattended!" I said, "What do you mean 'unattended'? He was being watched." Or so I thought. Mike had sensed that he was missing and had gone looking for him...and found him near the corner of Silsby and Meadowbrook, headed toward Lee Road. I think he was tired of the crowd and wanted to get a beer at the Colony. Bad dog, Sampson! What were you doing down by the road by yourself? Where were you going? Why? I hate to encourage his delinquency, but I was not-so-secretly proud of him and his chutzpah for wandering off on his own...after I knew he was safe, of course...

I hope that I'm still being disobedient, contrary, pleasure-seeking, independent, and opinionated when I'm as old as they are. Living like dogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment