Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Amazing Grace...

...who saved a wretch like me. I heard a spot on NPR this morning with a man named Dr. Ralph Stanley who sings "mountain music" that he brought to the world from his home in southwest Virginia. Here's the link if anyone is interested http://wamu.org/programs/dr/. Amazing Grace has always been one of my favorite songs and to hear this man sing it in his "hundred year old voice" was quite something. It got me thinking that the "grace" in the song might be anything and would be different for different people. It might be God to someone, nature to someone else, Buddha to another, Mohammed, Jesus, a friend, a job, a purpose, a country, an animal, a relative, or anything else that has saved someone figuratively or literally.

My "grace" has been different over time, I suspect, but animals have often played the part. I wish Amazing Grace to everyone tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment